Last Monday was the Jewish New Year, which started on Sunday night at sundown. To celebrate, Gammy came for a special dinner on Sunday. Abby and I made a round apples-and-honey challah for the occasion:
I forgot to change the shutter speed on the camera, so all of these pictures are a but grainy, but scenes from our celebration:
 |
| Benji with his sparkling cider |
 |
| Blessing over the candle lighting |
 |
| Blessing over the bread |
 |
| Time to eat! |
On Monday, I took the kids to the morning family service:
Abby wanted to go back to school afterwards so that she did not miss too much, but Benji hung out with me all day and we attended the Tashlich service in the afternoon. Benji really loves this service where you symbolically toss bread crumbs to the fish to represent tossing away your "I'm sorries:"
Plus, I always let him play in the creek afterwards, which he loves:
No comments:
Post a Comment