Last Monday, Buford called around noon to say that a transformer had blown and the school was without power. Since repairs were not imminent, the school would dismiss at 12:45 (the students had apparently been outside since 11:30 when this happened and a pole caught fire). When I picked Benji up, he told me he had not had a chance to ear lunch yet, so I grabbed the opportunity for an impromptu lunch out. I decided to cancel my afternoon appointments so that I would not have to rush and we had a great leisurely afternoon:
 |
| We picked up dumplings and noodles from Marco and Luca and ate out on the UVA lawn |
 |
| After lunch, we were in the mood for ice cream, but the arches on the corner has closed. We decided to try insomnia cookies and were delighted when we discovered they actually make ice cream sandwiches |
 |
| So good. The cookies were warm |
 |
| Afternoon racko |
No comments:
Post a Comment