Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Vancouver, Day 1

Because I was flying to Vancouver for a conference anyway, I asked JJ if she would like to meet me there since Calgary is only an hour flight to BC. JJ said yes, but as soon as Steph and Amy got wind of it they wanted to join, so it turned into a fully-fledged girls' weekend. I was the last to arrive on Saturday (traveling the farthest) and by the time I got to the hotel everyone else was eating appetizers by the fire in the lobby. We rallied quickly, though and headed out to Granville Market to look around and have dinner. I apparently took no pictures of us on Saturday, but here are some pictures of the hotel and market:

Sign at the front desk

The most noticeable feature in the lobby was these huge rotating dolls

With me in the picture for scale

Interesting fruits at the market



I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so started out at this fun toast stall



We got several desserts to share, but my favorite was the shop with all different flavors of canales

After a a couple of hours, it started to rain and the time difference caught up with us, so we headed back to the hotel for an early turn-in, anticipating a big day on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment