Friday, May 12, 2023

Vancouver, Day 3 (part 1): Lynn Canyon Park

Monday turned out to be our busiest day in Vancouver, but by the end of the day the sun was poking out and it was a beautiful afternoon. As I was making this post, I realized just how many pictures I have from Monday, so I am going to break it into parts.

We started out on the SeaBus, which is public transportation in Vancouver. We took the boat across Burrard Inlet to North Harbor and had brunch at a fun restaurant JJ found:



They had a covered porch with heaters and blankets (and fairy lights)

We all split this cinnamon roll, which was sooo good

After brunch, we called an Uber to take us to beautiful Lynn Canyon for a hike:

The hike starts on a suspension bridge across the canyon



View from the bridge looking down




After the bridge, we started navigating a series of boardwalks and paths through the rainforest








After this pretty reflection point came the stairs. By the end of the hike, we had gone up and down 63 flights!

They were not small staircases




At the higher altitudes, the rainforest was dense and colorful:










We hit one final bridge and we thought we were done:






But it turned out there were more stairs to the final waterfalls!


The grand finale: Twin Falls (they were halfway up the stairs back to the parking lot)





No comments:

Post a Comment