Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Vancouver Days 4 and 5: Gastown and the Aquarium

 For our last morning together, we headed out to Gastown to see the famous steam clock (which was very cool - I wish I could upload a video). We got there a few minutes before it blew the hour and got to see it in action:



From there we had an excellent breakfast at Purebread, and then Amy and Steph got on the train to the airport:


JJ and I hung out a little more, but I had to mix it with work and she took off towards the airport in the late afternoon. Conference started on Tuesday night and went all day Wednesday-Friday, but Wednesday night they held a "member celebration" at the Vancouver Aquarium, which was neat. My colleague Leah and I decided to walk over, and a fox crossed right ahead of us on the path!


A few favorite pics from the aquarium:







It was a great trip, but I was relieved to get home to the family early Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment