Thursday, August 29, 2019

Tubing on the James

This was an August Bucket List item that we had hoped to do as a family, but timing conspired against us and Benji and I ended up doing it just the two of us one afternoon after camp. We drove down to Scottsville to meet up with the outfitter, who then drove us to an upriver spot on the James River from which we would launch. From there, it was a lazy 3 hour drift down the river to the pull out spot (which was close to where we parked the car). A lot of these pictures are hazy because I had my phone in a bag, but I tried to take a few without it at the end so you can see what a beautiful day it was. We spotted lots of big birds on the river and just enjoyed talking and relaxing without any interruptions:






No comments:

Post a Comment